New Duel Academy
Welcome to Sacred Beast Duel Academy powered by Industrial Illusions. Our main goal is to bring the Yu-Gi-Oh community more alive.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Duel Academy
Welcome to Sacred Beast Duel Academy powered by Industrial Illusions. Our main goal is to bring the Yu-Gi-Oh community more alive.
New Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PLEASE READ - All Raviels Homework Assignment

+2
Aster Phoenix
Dominant Girl 92
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

PLEASE READ - All Raviels Homework Assignment Empty PLEASE READ - All Raviels Homework Assignment

Post by Dominant Girl 92 Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:53 pm

As some of you may know, I am the head of the Raviel Blue Girls' Dormitory. At present, membership within this dorm is minimal, and so I have no one for whom to set homework. In addition, the Boys' Dormitory is currently without a leader, and so Maximillion Pegasus has given me the opportunity to be a stand-in leader of the dorm, just until a proper one can be found. 

This means that all you slackers are finally going to have some homework to do. You should expect this shortly, so check often. At the time of typing this, it is around 8am (for me), and I hope to have set you some work by the evening. 

Should you have any problems or queries, just let me know. 

Last edited by Dominant Girl 92 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Dominant Girl 92
Dominant Girl 92
Raviel Girls Leader (Admin)

Back to top Go down

PLEASE READ - All Raviels Homework Assignment Empty Re: PLEASE READ - All Raviels Homework Assignment

Post by Aster Phoenix Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:23 pm

Finally :3
Aster Phoenix
Aster Phoenix

Back to top Go down

PLEASE READ - All Raviels Homework Assignment Empty Re: PLEASE READ - All Raviels Homework Assignment

Post by Dominant Girl 92 Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:26 am

Your homework is a deck-building exercise. I would like you to post up a deck-list for a Macro Dino Rabbit deck, complying with the September 2013 forbidden/limited list. 

It must include: 

• one Rescue Rabbit 
  • at least two level 4 Dinosaur-type normal monsters 
  • at least one Evolzar Laggia
  • at least one Evolzar Dolkka
  • one Macro Cosmos

Beyond this, there are no limitations. You may attempt to reconstruct a typical Macro Dino Rabbit deck that has been competitive in the past, and adjust it to the current ban-list; or you may choose to combine this basis with another archetype(s). Both are acceptable.

You are not required to submit a side deck. This is an exercise in taking a deck-concept which is constrained by the ban-list, and demonstrating creativity in reinventing it in a semi-competitive environment, not in engaging with the current metagame. 

You are also expected to give an explanation of your deck-building decisions. This can be as long or as brief as you like (within reason), but it should obviously be comprehensible, otherwise you may lose marks. 

Grades will be awarded "A", "B", "C" and "D" ("D" being a fail), and duel points will be awarded accordingly. Failure to complete the assignment will result in a "D" grade, and a late submission, a "C". "B" is a good result, and I will be giving out "A"s to those decks which impress me the most.

If you like you may simply post the deck-list here, but to prevent others copying your ideas you may wish to send me a private PM either on the Academy website or on DN.

The submission deadline is 12:00 midday Sunday, GMT. I understand that time zones vary, and so this deadline is flexible by 6 hours in either direction. 

Should you have any queries about the assignment, feel free to get in touch.
Dominant Girl 92
Dominant Girl 92

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominant Girl 92 Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:50 am

Just so you are all clear on what it is you will be graded on: I am looking for creativity, originality and quality. I realize that the deck can only be so good, given the limitations placed on you, but this will be taken into consideration. I am not looking for a tier-1 deck, obviously. 

This assignment is not difficult to pass, but it will be difficult for you to score very high marks. If you are wanting to score as well as possible, I suggest putting the necessary cards (see the assignment for what these are) into an entirely different archetype. If it all works well together, you will have ticked all the boxes and I will consider awarding an "A" grade. 

If the deck is not particularly good, or if it does not display much creativity, I will probably award a "B". 

Anything worse than this will presumably be quite poor and will merit a "C".

As long as you submit something, you will not fail, however.
Dominant Girl 92
Dominant Girl 92

Back to top Go down

Post by Aster Phoenix Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:57 am

Can't post links :l
Explanations:
Main Deck:
BLS:  Can summon, it's BLS.
Cardcar: Deck is slow needs draws.
Veiler:  It's light and it's veiler.
Hyrdrogeddon+Guiba; Easy dolkkas
Grand Mole:  deck struggles against big monsters, this helps.
NA+TGU: Leviar, zenmaines
Rabbit: It's rabbit.
TKR: I don't add cards, decent negate eff.
Book+lance: Support for guiba
Mind control: Syn and xyz
MST: Backrow exists.
Smashing Ground: Read grand mole, doesn't target.
Backrow: I like backrow.
Starlight: Mirror at 2, dark hole, harpies/blackwings and their icarus, blackrose.

Extra Deck
Emeral, shuffle normals/summon them.
Catastor/Armades: Cause I can.
Rest: Basic 3/4s.

Last edited by Aster Phoenix on Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Aster Phoenix
Aster Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominant Girl 92 Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:01 am

Aster Phoenix, may I have the exact deck-list please? I can't see the quantities of cards you are using.

Also I would prefer you not to use acronyms. This is (or should be) a learning exercise for all, and not everyone may know what "TKR" is.

Last edited by Dominant Girl 92 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Dominant Girl 92
Dominant Girl 92

Back to top Go down

Post by Aster Phoenix Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:04 am

See the little half link thing put that after i.imgur.com Very Happy
Aster Phoenix
Aster Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominant Girl 92 Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:09 am

Aster Phoenix, I cannot access this link. Please can you write out your list. Thank you.
Dominant Girl 92
Dominant Girl 92

Back to top Go down

Post by Aster Phoenix Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:10 am

Oh sorry xD.  That's what pojo does to you xD
Aster Phoenix
Aster Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Aster Phoenix Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:16 am

DECK LIST WaS HERE :3

Last edited by Aster Phoenix on Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Aster Phoenix
Aster Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominant Girl 92 Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:27 am

Thank you, I have saved your deck to DN and will test it. I will be waiting for all submissions before giving out marks.
Dominant Girl 92
Dominant Girl 92

Back to top Go down

Post by Aster Phoenix Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:28 am

Ok no problem Very Happy
Aster Phoenix
Aster Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by YellingAtCats Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:43 am

I know I aint a Raviel but Fuck it I made it anyways You can give me detention If you want "wink wink"
YellingAtCats
YellingAtCats
Graphics Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominant Girl 92 Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:44 am

Don't tempt me, YellingAtCats.
Dominant Girl 92
Dominant Girl 92

Back to top Go down

Post by Aster Phoenix Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:08 am

Yellingatcats <3 you baby
Aster Phoenix
Aster Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by sersen9090 Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:00 am

this is going to be my choice on how it should be done

i.imgur.com/F16Sccri.png

3x sabersaurus
3x evolsaur cerato
1x evolsaur diplo
1 evolsaur vulcano
3x evoltile westlo
3x jurrac guaiba
1x rescue rabbit
2x tour guide
1x book of moon
3x evo-diversity
3x forbidden lance
3x por of duality
1x bottomless trap hole
1x compulsory evvacuaton device
2x dimesional prison
2x fiendish chain
2x mirror force 
3x waboku
1x solemn warning
1x macro cosmos
extra deck
2x evolzar laggia
2x evolzar dolkka
1x abyss dweller
1x diamond dire wolf
1x number:50 blackship of corn
1x number: 39 utopia
1x maestroke the symphony djinn
1x lavalval chain
1x leviair the sea dragon
1x number 17 leviathan dragon
1x  mechquipped anginner
1x number 30 acid golem
1x windup zenmaines

i decided i wanted too make laggia/dollka as consistent as possible 
thats why i added a small evol engine to summon the dinosaurs from the deck and then hopefully with the help of waboku make a Laggia/Dollka on my turn.
tour guide because it may happen that you dont open a evoltile but you need to make a play or lose 
it can be making the leviathan to attack over a gear gigant x that would otherwise give them so much advantage it would be impossible to come back in the game.

Last edited by sersen9090 on Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:50 am; edited 3 times in total

sersen9090

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominant Girl 92 Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:02 am

Sersen9090, I cannot access this link. Could you please write out the deck-list in full. 
Dominant Girl 92
Dominant Girl 92

Back to top Go down

Post by Aster Phoenix Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:02 am

sersen9090 wrote:this is going to be my choice on how it should be done

i.imgur.com/F16Sccri.png

i decided i wanted too make laggia/dollka as consistent as possible 
thats why i added a small evol engine to summon the dinosaurs from the deck and then hopefully with the help of waboku make a Laggia/Dollka on my turn.
tour guide because it may happen that you dont open a evoltile but you need to make a play or lose 
it can be making the leviathan to attack over a gear gigant x that would otherwise give them so much advantage it would be impossible to come back in the game.
I was going to use evols but dominant say that wasn't original enough Sad
Aster Phoenix
Aster Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominant Girl 92 Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:05 am

That actually isn't what I said. I said evols wasn't a bad idea. I was responding to the fact that you said how easy the assignment was, because all you had to do was put the necessary cards in a evols deck. This is why I responded that simply finding a deck to put these cards in is not the only thing on which you are being graded. I explained exactly what the grading criteria are earlier in this discussion. 
Dominant Girl 92
Dominant Girl 92

Back to top Go down

Post by Aster Phoenix Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:31 am

Now my version will be horrible vs an evol version xD
Aster Phoenix
Aster Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominant Girl 92 Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:34 am

You'll do fine, don't worry. 
Dominant Girl 92
Dominant Girl 92

Back to top Go down

Post by hdlofstrom Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:40 pm

I think I may have had the most absurd idea, I'm not even sure if this counts, but it has all the requirements. here it is: GemDinos.
https://i.imgur.com/ErErx3a.png

results of first test run:
https://i.imgur.com/x5AV5IN.png
updated deck profile, wanted to do more Dino shenanigans w/ emerald, saber, and mostly adding dat leviair.:
https://i.imgur.com/6wsOJBm.png
hdlofstrom
hdlofstrom

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominant Girl 92 Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:55 pm

Thanks hdlofstrom, your deck has been saved to my DN account. I will test it and then hand out marks after all the submissions are in. I also require an explanation of the deck from each student. I understand that your submission contains a lot of normal monsters, so this explanation will be brief, but you are being graded on your your deck-building decisions, among other things, so you need to demonstrate this please.

Also if anyone runs into SwitchHitter or Slender95, please point them towards the assignment. Deadline Sunday, remember. Thanks guys.

Last edited by Dominant Girl 92 on Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Dominant Girl 92
Dominant Girl 92

Back to top Go down

Post by hdlofstrom Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:42 am

hdlofthestrom? now I just feel insulted. my explanation is essentially that I have the best traps of the format (in my opinion)+macro cosmos, and karma cut is just fun. the other requirements, and various Gem Knight tech, Sabersaurus is my Rabbit target, I don't need multiple targets cuz daigusto emeral recycles, and tour guide is there because... well... I need some way to make leviair besides 2 obsidians. Box of friends has garnet+sapphire.
one other thing, as it happens Lavalval chain sends A card to the graveyard, and you can send GK fusion and recycle it :3
hdlofstrom
hdlofstrom

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominant Girl 92 Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:01 am

Just a reminder that your assignments are due in Sunday, midday. Anyone who has not yet submitted his homework should do so before this time. A late submission will result in a low grade, and possibly a fail. 

So far I have:
Aster Phoenix
Drewzer44
hdlofstrom
Sersen9090
SwitchHitter

These students have successfully submitted their assignments and should expect their mark after Sunday. Anyone who receives a failing grade will be mentioned to Maximillion Pegasus, and this may have implications for your dorm status.

Last edited by Dominant Girl 92 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Dominant Girl 92
Dominant Girl 92

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next