New Duel Academy
Welcome to Sacred Beast Duel Academy powered by Industrial Illusions. Our main goal is to bring the Yu-Gi-Oh community more alive.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Duel Academy
Welcome to Sacred Beast Duel Academy powered by Industrial Illusions. Our main goal is to bring the Yu-Gi-Oh community more alive.
New Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creator of Duel Monsters Deck Shop

+5
BlackStarShooter
Primus Maximus
Darklord0896
Dominant Girl 92
Maximillion Pegasus
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Creator of Duel Monsters Deck Shop - Page 2 Empty Re: Creator of Duel Monsters Deck Shop

Post by Dominant Girl 92 Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:07 am

Well to answer directly, I think Dragon Rulers are enjoyed by those people who use them. I wasn't saying that Frog Monarchs are loved by everyone, just that they are loved by the people who choose to play them. So I think the same reasoning does indeed apply to Dragon Rulers.

Also I'm not sure that Dragon Rulers are interactive in quite the same way as Frog Monarchs; they certainly are interactive in a sense, but Dragon Rulers are much more proactive, establishing a position early on and gaining a lot of advantage. The fact that they do this so well and so consistently is why they are disliked as much as they are. Frog Monarchs, on the other hand, are a reactive deck, much more adapted to stopping OTKs than administering one. They are also a much slower deck, and can only really gain advantage by stopping the opponent from doing what they are trying to do.  

So I'm afraid I don't really see much of a parity here :3
Dominant Girl 92
Dominant Girl 92
Raviel Girls Leader (Admin)

Back to top Go down

Creator of Duel Monsters Deck Shop - Page 2 Empty Re: Creator of Duel Monsters Deck Shop

Post by JThompson_04 Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:14 am

I was just comparing to say that I like dragon rulers and I feel like everyone should because its their best opportunity to win. I play fun decks like monarchs sometimes, but I enjoy winning. Frog Monarchs just focus on stopping instead of going which I don't like. You have to move because they won't. Soul exchange which is a key card for deck is not interactive. I also feel like Dragon Ruler decks are more fun because it has a clear goal and objective.

JThompson_04

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominant Girl 92 Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:21 am

Soul Exchange is interactive because it cannot be used unless your opponent has a monster. Also the very decision of whether or not to play Soul Exchange (sometimes you don't need to, because Treeborn Frog is available) is a decision that is influenced entirely by what your opponent is doing.

The main interaction in Dragon Ruler games, at least if they are more XYZ-oriented, is in your decisions with Number 11: Big Eye and Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack, the effects of which are influenced by what monsters your opponent has on the field, same as Soul Exchange.  
Dominant Girl 92
Dominant Girl 92

Back to top Go down

Post by JThompson_04 Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:27 am

There are so many more interactions than that. When and if to play maxx c. Playing without subjecting yourself to crimson blader which is live at any point in the game. The ravine vs ravine dynamic to maintain your colors. Playing around scarecrow to not overextend. Which synchro to summon on turn one trying to anticipate what your opponent has. Sacrificing my monster to summon yours is minimal in interaction because there are no pro main deck choices for the best decks to stop a spell like that.

JThompson_04

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominant Girl 92 Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:34 am

Almost all of those decisions are the case of Frog Monarchs as well, and in some cases much more so. Frog Monarchs also have the question of diversity, as the cards used in the deck are so varied. Also Frog Monarchs have some of the most difficult side-decking options, as a large number of go-to side deck cards are continuous traps, which are not available to a deck that utilizes Treeborn Frog. I feel that you need to be creative to play Frog Monarchs well, in a way many other decks don't need you to be. 
Dominant Girl 92
Dominant Girl 92

Back to top Go down

Post by JThompson_04 Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:38 am

Last format dragon rulers and spellbooks had to constantly find new tech options to beat the new tech options the other came up with. Treeborn frog isn't the entire deck....it's just an option so you could side some tars in, but there is also electric virus, xyz encore, debunk and more that won't interfere with treeborn for an extended period of time going against dragon ruler

JThompson_04

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominant Girl 92 Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:42 am

Those games in which you get a Treeborn Frog in the graveyard are games that you are much more likely to win than those game in which you don't. It is the primary interaction in the deck.

The fact that Dragon Rulers and Spellbooks had to constantly find new techs is not because they were Dragon Rulers and Spellbooks, but because they were the two best decks. If Frog Monarchs were the best deck, they would have to do the same thing. 
Dominant Girl 92
Dominant Girl 92

Back to top Go down

Post by hazmah Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:42 am

if your not going to buy anything then get out ( I always wanted to say that lol! I am joking) but if your going to talk about decks like frog monarchs then just talk in that topic.
hazmah
hazmah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2